60 g whey protein
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds, plus extra to garnish
1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 large onion, cut into 8 chunks
2 garlic cloves
675 g parsnips, diced
2 plum tomatoes, quartered
1.2 litres no added salt vegetable stock
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 220 °C / fan 200 °C / gas 7
2. In a bowl, mix 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1⁄2 tsp ground turmeric, and
1⁄2 tsp mustard seeds.
3. Add 1 large onion cut into 8 chunks, 2 garlic cloves, 675g diced parsnips, and 2 quartered tomatoes and mix well.
4. Spread over a lined baking sheet, then roast for 30 minutes until tender.
5. Spoon into a food processor with 600 ml vegetable stock and process until smooth.
6. Pour into a pot with the remaining 600 ml vegetable stock, seasoning, and whey protein then heat until barely simmering.
7. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 tbsp lemon juice. Garnish with cumin seeds.