Do you feel that pasta dishes can sometimes be overloaded with carbohydrates and lack protein? If so, try this creamy savoury Pasta Alfredo boosted with protein power.
Whey protein powder is a great way to add protein to your daily diet. Protein also makes you feel fuller for longer and helps to build and maintain muscles in your body.
- 2 sliced medium chicken breasts
- 200 g boiled pasta penne
- 1 finely chopped medium-sized onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 7 tbsp unflavoured whey protein powder
- 250 mL full fat milk
- 75 g cheddar cheese
- Freshly chopped parsley or basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the chicken, allow it to cool and cut into slices.
- Boil the pasta according to the instructions on the pack.
- Add the oil to a saucepan and fry the onion until golden. Stir in the minced garlic.
- Shake the milk and whey in a shaker bottle. Pour the mixture into the saucepan and bring it to the boil. Stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Lower the heat. Whip the cheese into the hot milk with a whisk until it has melted, and the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Add the chicken and freshly boiled pasta. Mix it together.
- Garnish with herbs or a touch of cheese on top.
If you can’t find neutral-tasting whey protein powder in your local supermarket, try one of the many online stores selling sports nutrition products.