Serve them with a sizzling hot hamburger, a fried chicken breast – or a baked portobello mushroom. And add your favourite toppings to make a truly mouth-watering dish.
Only the sky is the limit for how much goodness you can stuff into your burger.
- 1 broccoli including the stem (400g)
- 5 egg whites (180g)
- 25g porridge oats
- 25g neutral whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- A pinch of salt
- Wash the broccoli and chop it finely in a food processor.
- Mix chopped broccoli, egg whites porridge oats, whey protein powder, sesame seeds, oregano, and salt in a bowl.
- Stir into a smooth dough.
- Pour the dough into 5 round baking moulds.
- Bake the buns at 180º C (350 F, gas mark 4) for about 30 minutes until golden.
- Slice the buns and top them with a hot, freshly fried hamburger and your favourite toppings.
Classic favourites are ketchup, cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onion rings, and gherkins.
But why not experiment with other delicious toppings like jalapenos, salsa, barbecue sauce, sliced avocado, roasted red pepper, pickled, or caramelized onions or blue cheese?
Want to go meat free? No problem. Try substituting the beef patty with a large baked portobello mushroom.