Perhaps not as quick as a frozen pizza. But much healthier and more delicious. Try this amazingly tasty pizza based on cauliflower and boosted with whey protein powder. Turn up the taste and turn down the guilty feelings.
Whey protein powder is a great way to add protein to your daily diet. Protein also makes you feel fuller for longer and helps to build and maintain muscles in your body.
- 1 thinly sliced tomato
- 1 large and finely chopped cauliflower
- A pinch of salt
- 115 g mozzarella/parmesan blend grated cheese
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tbsp wheat flour
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp unflavoured whey protein powder
- 3 tbsp of tomato sauce
- 100 g sliced fresh mozzarella
- Basil leaves and tomato for garnish
- Thinly slice the tomato
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Remove stems from the cauliflower and chop into florets. Blend in a food processor until the florets resemble rice.
- Lay the cauliflower rice on a non-stick baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Squeeze all liquid out of the cauliflower with a clean dish towel.
- Turn up the oven temperature to 220 °C.
- Put the cauliflower rice back into the food processor and add the cheese, egg, flour, garlic powder, salt and whey protein powder. Blend well.
- Place the dough on the baking sheet and flatten. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Spread tomato sauce, tomato slices and fresh mozzarella on top of the pizza and bake again until the cheese melts.
Top with some grated cheese and sprinkle with fresh basil.
Dinner is served!
If you can’t find neutral-tasting whey protein powder in your local supermarket, try one of the many online stores selling sports nutrition products.