These easy-to-bake savory muffins taste equally amazing served lukewarm for supper or cold in the lunchbox. With fresh spinach and two different kinds of cheese – and baked on almond flour instead of wheat, they’ll even fit a gluten-free diet.
In this recipe we’ve used spinach, but go ahead and try other fillings like onions, olives, mushrooms, ham or pepperoni.
- 2 ½ dl mozzarella
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese
- 100 g almond flour
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- 2 ½ dl findely chopped spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 30 g whey protein
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the rest and give it all a good stir until the batter is smooth. It should be relatively fluent.
- Pour the batter into a muffin tray.
- Bake at 190 degrees for approximately 20 minutes until the surface of the muffins is beautifully crisp and golden.