Is it a cake or a loaf? It definitely tastes sweet and delicious but the content of the banana, whey protein powder and no sugar, gives this banana bread a much higher nutritional value.
Enjoy the bread as a sweet in-between meal with a cup of coffee when you need that little extra boost in the afternoon.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 120 g melted butter
- 70 g chopped almonds
- 3.5 tbsp vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 50 g coconut flour
- 240 g flour
- A pinch of salt
- 100 ml low-fat yoghurt
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp liquid honey
- 2 beaten eggs
- 150 g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and grease a loaf tin.
- Mash the ripe bananas with a fork in a mixing bowl and add the melted butter.
- Mix in the baking powder, cinnamon, chopped almonds and salt. Then stir in the honey, beaten eggs and yoghurt.
- Add the flour, coconut flour and whey protein powder, and gently mix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for around 50 minutes.
Leave to cool completely before serving.
Enjoy your healthy snack.