Whey protein powder is a great way to add protein to your daily diet. Protein also makes you feel fuller for longer and helps to build and maintain muscles in your body.
- 450 g green asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 diced medium onion
- 1 litre stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 tbsp unflavoured whey protein powder
- 125 ml Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bread for serving
- Trim the asparagus and cut into 2 cm pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add the asparagus. Cook for 3-5 minutes until tender. Remove and drain.
- Dice the onion and sauté until it is golden.
- Put 1.5 cups of stock, the onion and asparagus in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Combine the asparagus purée with the rest of the stock in a medium stockpot and heat through.
- Stir in the whey protein powder, greek yoghurt, salt, pepper and cayenne. Whisk well.
Serve hot with bread. Enjoy!
If you can’t find neutral-tasting whey protein powder in your local supermarket, try one of the many online stores selling sports nutrition products.