Makes 18 cookies
60 g whey powder
200 g flour
140 g sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
150 g butter
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cloves
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Peel and juice of 1 organic orange
1. Preheat oven to 170 °C (gas mark 3) and line a tray with baking paper.
2. In a mixing bowl mix all the dry ingredients: flour, whey protein, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl beat butter, sugar, and vanilla sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add in eggs, orange peel and juice and continue to beat until the mixture is smooth.
5. Gradually add the dry mixture to the butter and sugar mix to just combine.
6. Roll the dough into equally sized balls and press down slightly to form cookies.
7. Bake for approximately 8 minutes or until golden.